Well, the bottles are all washed right now... at least for another three hours or so. The laundry is also well on its way to being complete and yet I know that tomorrow I will do it all over again. I have to be honest and say that it's really hard to be joyful about washing bottles and doing laundry when it feels like you're not completing anything because it will just be dirty in a matter of hours, or sometimes minutes!! ( Our little guy has really started spitting up). And yet I know that I have SO MUCH to be thankful for... I have a healthy baby boy that is eating and growing and that involves a lot of joy and just a few tasks I would rather skip. So, today I remind myself that God tells us to be joyful in EVERYTHING... not just the fun tasks or the tasks where you feel like you've really done something great. I think the real test comes in the form of the "everyday." So today I remember 2 Thes. 5:18 "...in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
So true, sweet friend. Thanks for the reminder...right before I head to the garage to start a load of laundry!:)
ReplyDelete