Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Rewind

It's been a while since I've blogged!! :)  We have had a GREAT summer and now that we are coming down to the last few days before I go back to work, I thought I should do a summer recap!  At some events I took the time to take pictures, at others we were just having too much fun to stop for the camera!





We had a play date at Monkey Joe's with Jesse, Dawson, and Emma.  (Whoops...didn't get any pics of Dawson and Emma.  That was because they were big enough to really enjoy the jumpy places, while our boys were loving the cars/tractors, ski ball machines, games, etc.  I told Kristy Lane this will probably be the last time they have a blast in that section without realizing they are not using money to make them move!)  We ended our play date at Chick-Fil-A.  Seriously, four children in the midst of lunch hour pushing nap time???  We were nutty... Owen whined so loud people stared and Dawson was crying and the three of us girls only got to talk in short sentences that went something like, "Do you have any more napkins?"  "Watch out there goes his milk!"  Anyways, the kids had a great time even if it wasn't a good "catching up" session for us girls.  

I did enjoy an AMAZING day at the pool with just the girls one day this summer (dads had the kids).

We had VBS two weeks ago and it was a great week, except for the fact that Owen got a stomach bug and had to miss two nights!  I taught 3rd and 4th grade and had a blast with the older kids!

We got to do another play date at the pool with my good college friend, Ashley, and her two kiddos, plus my mom, Kristy Lane, her mom, and Jesse.


But mainly, we've just been hanging around the house playing like crazy.  

Things that "go" are a favorite around here.  This day they ended up in my dishwasher!


Nothing like stickers from the grocery!



A new day, a new vehicle on the dishwasher!! :)


And I found this one as I was about to put some clothes in the dryer! :)


Owen's favorite place to sit while I work on laundry.



The cushions being off make for a fun place to play!  (Of course, the cushions were off because I was looking for sippy cup pieces gone missing!)



We've had a great summer and I hope to do a vacation recap before too long!





3 comments:

  1. We had such a GREAT time with you all! I loved seeing your mom too! Definitely need to do it again soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and it's fitting that you captured Eden eating in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! so glad to see an update

    ReplyDelete