Saturday, October 2, 2010

Still here!

Just wanted everyone to know we are still here... just haven't had time/energy for blogging lately.  We have 5 and a half weeks to go until our Owen arrives. ( At least that's the countdown I'm giving myself... if he's late, I will have to come up with a great pep talk for me! :)  He is now moving and kicking all about!  This upcoming week is Fall Break for me and MUCH anticipated!  I have a to-do list a mile long, but can't wait to get some of these things done and off my mind.  We went to our child-birth class all last weekend... it was good, but I think I'm the kinda person who could have done without all that information!  Sometimes, "Ignorance IS bliss!"  They had one of those fake pregnancy bellies that husbands can try on, and when we got there a little early Sunday afternoon, Jim gave it a try... all I have to say is that he lasted about two minutes with it! :)  I wish I had a picture!  He's been really great though... helping me with all sorts of projects.  Here's a peek into what my week will consist of:

1.  washing baby clothes, socks, blankets, etc.
2.  decorating nursery
3.  packing for hospital... at least making a list
4.  deciding on a peditrician
5.  getting camera and video camera up and running
6.  organizing guest bedroom that now has all the office stuff in it!
7.  write out detailed notes for my interim
8.  plan lesson for video taping when I go back to school ( as if being evaulated wasn't enough now it's on camera! :)
9.  returns/purchases at  Babies R' Us and Target
10.  and a zillion other little things...
11. MOST IMPORTANT:   Remind myself that this dream is really happening and before I know it... our baby will be here! :)  Panic... then pray! 

I hope your week is as great as I'm planning to have!

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear about his arrival!!!! have a great week... and please move #5 to #1. that is priority. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you have time to come see me this week??!! Of course I'd LOVE to see you, but if you need to get things done I totally understand.
    Glad you have a much deserved week off from school.:)

    ReplyDelete